- Rajiv Mehrishi appointed as Union Finance Secretary.
- Devendra Fadnavis sworn is as 27th Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- FASTag ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) is an advanced programme for making the payment electronically on highway tolls without stopping the vehicle at the toll plazas.
- Technology used: Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
- ICICI Bank and Axis bank provides Central Clearing House facility.
- The National School of Drama (NSD) organised ‘special’ children’s theatre festival called Jashne Bachpan.
- The chairman of 14th Finance Commission is former RBI Governor Y.V. Reddy.
- Central Zone defeated South Zone to win the 2014-15 Duleep Trophy title of cricket.
- Dr. P. Chellapandi has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI).
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been bestowed with highest imperial honour of Japan ‘The Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers‘ in recognition of his efforts at bettering ties between the two nations.
- Mukul Mudgal Committee: The committee probing IPL Spot fixing scandal.
- Hasmukh Adhia appointed as Union Financial Services Secretary
Read next : Daily Dose – 2: GK updates for SBI PO ››
« Back to Daily Dose