- Manohar Parrikar resigned from the post of Goa Chief Minister. He left the post to join the cabinet ministry as the defence minister of India.
- Goa Health Minister Laxmikant Parsekar was sworn-in as 18th Chief Minister of Goa.
- Virat Kohli becomes fastest batsman to reach 6000 ODI runs. He overtook great West Indian Sir Vivian Richards. Kohli completed the feat in 136 innings.
- Gujarat became first state to make voting must in local body elections
- India won four match Men’s Hockey Test series against Australia
- Hanumappa Sudarshan of Karuna Trust named the 10th India Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 award.
- Jnanpith award 2013 winner: Eminent Hindi poet Kedarnath Singh (for his outstanding contribution towards Indian literature)
- Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) co-developed by India and Israel, was successfully test-fired from a range in Israel.
- PM launched Jeevan Pramaan – Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
- The digital certification will do away with the requirement of a pensioner having to submit a physical Life Certificate in November each year, in order to ensure continuity of pension being credited into his account.
- This program will eventually benefit over a crore of pensioners.
- Kerala has become the first state in the country to have bank accounts for all families under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY)
Read next : Daily Dose – 4: GK updates for SBI PO ››
Read previous: « Daily Dose – 2: GK updates for SBI PO
« Back to Daily Dose