The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana” for providing financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock. The ethanol produced by the scheme beneficiaries will be mandatorily supplied to Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to further enhance the blending percentage under the ethanol blending programme.
The JI-VAN Yojana will be supported with total financial outlay of Rs.1969.50 crore for the period from 2018-19 to 2023-24
Features of Pradhan Mantri JI VAN Yojana
- 12 Commercial Scale and 10 demonstration scale Second Generation (2G) ethanol Projects will be provided a Viability Gap Funding (VGF)
- Focus is to incentivise 2G Ethanol sector and support this nascent industry by creating a suitable ecosystem for setting up commercial projects and increasing Research & Development in this area
- To reduce import dependence by way of substituting fossil fuels with Biofuels
- To Achieve the GHG emissions reduction targets through progressive blending/ substitution of fossil fuels.
- Address environment concerns caused due to burning of biomass/ crop residues & improve health of citizens.
- Improve farmer income by providing them remunerative income for their otherwise waste agriculture residues.
- Create rural & urban employment opportunities in 2G Ethanol projects and Biomass supply chain.
- Contribute to Swacch Bharat Mission by supporting the aggregation of nonfood biofuel feedstocks such as waste biomass and urban waste.
- Indigenizing of Second Generation Biomass to Ethanol technologies
The government has set the target to achieve 10% blending percentage of Ethanol in petrol by 2022.
Centre for High Technology (CHT), a technical body under the aegis of MoP&NG, will be the implementation Agency for the scheme
We hope you liked this article. Here are some useful government scheme for you to read next:
Download this article as PDF
Click to go to RBI Grade B Preparation Page | Click to read more government schemes
Tags: Pradhan Mantri JI VAN Yojana Pdf