One Stop Centre Scheme (OSC) for setting up One Stop Centre is operational since 1st April 2015 to support women affected by violence. Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), has formulated a Centrally Sponsored Scheme for setting up One Stop Centres (OSC), to be funded from the Nirbhaya Fund. The scheme is also known as Sakhi.
Objective of One Stop Centre Scheme
The objectives of the One Stop Centre Scheme are:
- To provide integrated support and assistance to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces under one roof.
- To facilitate immediate, emergency and non-emergency access to a range of services including medical, legal, psychological and counselling support under one roof to fight against any forms of violence against women
Features of OSC Scheme
- These Centres is being established across the country to provide integrated support and assistance under one roof to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces in a phased manner.
- In the first phase, one OSC will initially be established in each State/UT to facilitate access to an integrated range of services including medical, legal, and psychological support. The OSC will be integrated with 181 and other existing helplines.
- One Stop Centre will support all women including girls below 18 years of age affected by violence, irrespective of caste, class, religion, region, sexual orientation or marital status.
- For girls below 18 years of age, institutions and authorities established under Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2000 and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 will be linked with the OSC
We hope you liked this article on One Stop Centre Scheme (OSC). Here are some useful government scheme for you to read next:
Download this article as PDF
Click to go to RBI Grade B Preparation Page | Click to read more government schemes