Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) was initiated in 2007 as an umbrella scheme for ensuring holistic development of agriculture and allied sectors by allowing states to choose their own agriculture and allied sector development activities as per the district/state agriculture plan. Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) is a continuing scheme under implementation from XI Five Year Plan. The scheme provides considerable flexibility and autonomy to states in planning and executing programmes for incentivizing investment in agriculture and allied sectors.
The government has approved the continuation of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) as Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana- Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) for three years i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20
Financial Outlay of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
The financial allocation of the scheme will be Rs. 15,722 crore with the objective of making farming as a remunerative economic activity through strengthening the farmer’s effort, risk mitigation and promoting agribusiness entrepreneurship.
Till 2013-14, the scheme was implemented as an Additional Central Assistance (ACA) to State Plan Scheme with 100% central assistance. It was converted into a Centrally Sponsored Scheme in 2014-15 also with 100% central assistance. Since 2015-16, the funding pattern of the scheme has been altered in the ratio of 60:40 between Centre and States (90:10 for North Eastern States and Himalayan States). For Union Territories the funding pattern is 100 % central grant
- Regular RKVY-RAFTAAR -70% of annual outlay will be allocated among States as per criteria under following heads.
- Infrastructure and assets- 50% (of 70%) of regular RKVY-RAFTAAR outlay- pre-harvest infrastructure- 20%, post-harvest infrastructure- 30%
- Value addition linked production projects (agribusiness models) that provide assured/ additional income to farmers including Public Private Partnership for Integrated Agriculture Development (PPPIAD) projects- 30% (of 70%) of regular RKVY outlay.
- Flexi funds- 20% (of 70%) of regular RKVY-RAFTAAR outlay. States can use this fund for supporting any projects as per their local needs preferably for innovative activities in agriculture and allied sectors.
- RKVY-RAFTAAR special sub-schemes – 20% of total annual outlay – based on national priorities as notified by Govt. of India from time to time for development of region and problem specific areas.
- Innovation and agri-entrepreneur development – 10% of annual outlay-for encouraging innovation and agri-entrepreneurs through skill development and financial support. It will support incubatees, incubation centers, KVKs, awards etc. These funds will be with Central Govt. (DAC&FW) including 2% of administrative costs at the Centre. In case the funds not utilized, it will be diverted to regular RKVY & sub-schemes.
We hope you liked this article on Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana. Here are some useful government scheme for you to read next:
Download this article as PDF
Click to go to RBI Grade B Preparation Page | Click to read more government schemes